Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stop Motion

So for computers the final project was a movie....either stop motion or a legit movie.  For mine I decided to kill two birds with one stone; my stop motion was of me Jackson Pollocking my plaster molds for my 3D class. In my 3D class we had to make at least 15 molds of one object, so I made 16 plaster molds of a scope bottle. Then we had to organize our objects in a slightly unconventional manner, so I organized mine in the chemical structure of Methylphenidate. This is commonly found in ADD and ADHD medication. The contrast between the ordered structure of the Methylphenidate and the chaos that is splatter painting are supposed to be physical representations of how ADHD medications affect the user. These kind of medications attempt to bring order to the inattentive and chaotic mind of a person who has ADHD. For the actual stop motion, it wasn't anything too exciting and since there wasn't a plot to it that meant I shouldn't use music set to lyrics. Since I personally find the action and execution of splatter painting breathtaking I choose music that set that kind of mood.  I also added sounds of city traffic to add to the fact that I was executing this project at school. Overall, I like how they both turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment