Friday, January 6, 2012

14 hours



I've made it to Japan and my goodness does Tokyo just feel immense! Before that though, seriously disappointing in Delta. How come the seats from Philly to Detroit have the individual screens and the international one doesn't? Shenanigans, calling it. Anyway back to my first sentence, in Philly the huge tall office buildings are clustered together in center......not in Tokyo. Sure where I'm living doesn't have any of those tall buildings but I can't really see them and I'm still in Tokyo! In Philly if I squint I can make out City Hall, yeah place is huge. I SAW TWO FERRIS WHEELS COMING INTO THE CITY!!!!!! I wonder if they're as big or bigger than the London eye! Something to investigate. Speaking of investigating, had the TUJ campus building orientation today. They threw so much info at us and there's so much still to do! (these aren't in any particular order, just the first things that come to my mind) Have to sign up and pay for all the trips I want to go on, have to get my alien id card, get a cell phone, buy health insurance, and just overall how much of the moneys that I'm spending. The banks and post offices (truth) are closed until monday (monday is a national holiday that celebrates the coming of age (20) of their citizens) and then classes start up on Tuesday >.< not sure if I can navigate the train system yet, but I'll pretend till then = ) train system is also so different from Philly! There are so many different lines!!!! My train pass has a penguin on it =3 makes me happy. And bought and ate my first bento box from 7-11!!!! It was pretty good expect the fish was trying to kill me! (there were bones in it) Sorry that this post has gone twenty-million different directions. If you have any questions, or things you would like me to address leave a comment and I'll see what I can do! =D

3 comments:

  1. So cool kiddo . . . take it all in with your totally positive attitude and tremendous outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are fabtabulous Beaner !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlfriend... I'm posting a comment.... I love the pix with the caterpillars... and Ferris is spelled with an e.... that's a classic mom comment! Love you! Can't wait to see the next chapter! Mum

    ReplyDelete